Posted by : Waalid Al-Marbawi Jul 11, 2011
Disclaimer : This is an alternate post, and it contains political material
Malaysia, according to a recent report by greyreview, is home to more than 11 million Facebook users, and is Asia’s No. 4 Facebook nation behind Indonesia, India and the Philippines respectively. Malaysians however, aren’t just using this ingenious creation to keep in touch with their friends, and to have some social fun. They’ve actually resorted to Facebook to voice out their opinions, and to make themselves heard, and to be perfectly honest with you, they are doing a pretty good job at it.
In the wake of the recent Bersih 2.0 rally that took place in Malaysia, as well as several other countries by concerned Malaysians, several Facebook pages have been set-up by angry, and dissatisfied Malaysians.
A Facebook page was registered under the title, “100,000 People Request Najib Tun Razak’s Resignation“, and moments later, people started flooding the page. The page went viral, and has 52,802 ‘likes’ as I type this. The best part of it? Well, the page has been up for less than a day! Instead of blatantly insulting their leader, who is under immense pressure right now, they figured that being united would be the best way to achieve their goal of having a good government. Some use the page as a medium to share shocking facts, and revelations related to the country’s government.
Impressed? Well, I definitely am. Prior to this, a Facebook page titled, “Curi-Curi Wang Malaysia” was created much to the delight of Malaysian Facebook users. “Curi-Curi Wang Malaysia” was created in reference to the Tourism Ministry of Malaysia’s decision to fork out around 1.8 million Ringgit ($600,000) to ‘develop’ 6 Facebook pages. ”Curi-Curi Wang Malaysia” when translated to English, sounds a little more like this, “Keep Stealing The Money Of Malaysians”.
Social networking is being taken rather seriously nowadays, and with the introduction of Google+, Google’s third social media installment, we might just see more, and more people around the world voice out their opinions using this medium. Very impressive I must say.
© : YS Tech- Technology News
.:: Arkib Permata ::.
- ► 2012 (278)
- Perang cyber Mesir: Siswa/wi vs UMPORNO
- Kandungan Memorandum 9 Julai 2011
- Pabila Kak Erma Fatima Melatah!
- [video] Pencabulan Hak Mahasiswa!
- [video] YB Jamil Khir Tolak Memorandum Pelajar Mes...
- Tahajud Cinta : Cemar Realiti Islam
- BERSIH 2.0 : POLIS MINTA VIDEO DARI ORANG RAMAI!
- BERSIH : Lagi Tindakan Kepada MAHASISWA
- Cakna Mahasiswa : Tahniah PMRAM!
- Al-Fatihah : Pergi Tak Kembali~
- Ugutan Tarik Tajaan Mahasiswa: Ingatlah Kuasa ALLA...
- BERSIH : Yayasan Terengganu Perlu Siasat Dahulu Pe...
- KENYATAAN RASMI PENASIHAT GERAKAN SUARA RAKYAT (SU...
- BERSIH 2.0 : Mahasiswa Mesir Diugut? Apa Kata Kami...
- Keluhan Subuh
- ISU PENYINGKIRAN : APA PENDAPAT ANDA?
- Gara-Gara BERSIH 2.0 - Pemimpin pelajar di Mesir d...
- Malaysia: Police use brutal tactics against peacef...
- Thank you, rakyat Malaysia — Kashini Krishnamurthy...
- Lagi Ugutan Kepada Pelajar!
- Kalau Dahi Tak mengenal Sejadah
- Cedera dalam pengeboman zionis di Gaza
- Links Exchange! JOM....
- 10 Titik Kebangkitan Islam Daripada Angan-Angan Ke...
- EM Mesir Bertindak Kpd Pelajar!
- Di Mana Generasi Mariam
- BERSIH 2.0 : BERITA DARI SINGAPURA
- KEBENARAN VS KEBATILAN
- Suggestion to Kerajaan For avoid BERSIH 3.0
- Malaysians Resort To Facebook To Voice Out Their O...
- Peniaga KL Rugi RM 40 Billion gara-gara BERSIH
- Bersih 2.0 : Siapa Yang Taksub dan Pokok Kelapa
- Video : Himpunan Aman Bersih Diluar Negara
- Doaku buat kalian Pejuang ISLAM!
- BERSIH 2.0: Awas SMS Perangkap Pihak Polis..!
- Siapa ada maklumat berkenaan TOK GURU ni...
- BERSIH 2.0: Nama-Nama Pimpinan Yang Disenaraihitam...
- Kemana Perginya Kesedaran
- Sonic boom caused Cairo 'explosion' panic
- Video : Iklan Kerajaan sempena BERSIH 2.0
- Pakaianku Lebih Baik Dariku
- PM bersihkan BERSIH
- Gambar Sekitar Pra Bersih : Rakyat Malaysia di Mes...
- Aku Dok Tahu Setarang Barah
- Proton Pahlawan Series
- Titah khas Agong mengenai perhimpunan haram 9 Jula...
- Bulan Syaaban : Peristiwa Dan Amalan
- Renungan Akibat Facebook-Selepas MATI!
- Suruhanjaya Komunikasi dan Multimedia Malaysia (SK...
- Adakah Malaysia Akan Terjadinya "يوم الغضب"-Hari K...
- Aduh..Kena Tangkap Dengan Polis,Macam Mana Mahu Bu...
- BERSIH 2.0: 60 Pengundi Dalam 1 Rumah..?
- Konvensyen PMRAM & DPM Bakal Tiba
- Jangan Sertai Perhimpunan 9 Julai - Pengerusi Majl...
- Macam Ni Ke SPR Negara Kita?Wajib Tukarlah...
- ▼ July (55)